Day 8 - RollTop Desk




Day 8 ...

This is a gorgeous wood roll top desk that Boss bought for me a few years ago at a yard sale. I've always wanted a roll top desk and knew a good deal when i spied this one. Even though it was brown and dirty, it had great bones. I took it completely apart and painted it a creamy shabby chic white. The knob on the middle drawer is a clear glass heart; the two on either side of it are metal de fleur shape and the other four handles i found on the side of the road on a discarded damaged dresser. 
I put soft green and cream toile print fabric on the inside wall of the hutch.

I truly cherish this desk for many reasons, but i needed more surface space and knee room. I replaced it with a 6 ft long kitchen countertop with my own handmade hutch of shelves overhead. I love the usefulness of the new arrangement but miss the sheer beauty of the roll top desk. But in keeping with the 'One in - One Out' rule of being organized and de-cluttered i gave the rolltop desk to Boss since he originally bought it. It is now in his booth at his daughters vintage store waiting for it's new forever home.

It's like losing a member of the family ...

No comments:

Post a Comment